© Galvis & Company- All Rights Reserved. | This website is a form of Attorney Advertising. | The contents of this site do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon in making any legal decisions. | website by Command Legal.
Meet the Attorney
Lorraine Galvis, Esq.
Founding Partner & Lead Counsel
Lorraine Galvis is a licensed attorney in New York and the Founder of Galvis & Co. She formed her law firm in October 2014, which was certified as a New York City minority & woman-owned business enterprise (MWB/E) in 2017. Over the years, Lorraine has served as counsel to many award-winning and award-nominated artists, musicians, restaurant owners, and social media influencers. She has also represented several small businesses, including various entertainment companies, E-commerce, and web-based companies, entrepreneurs, and freelancers.
Some the highlighted matters Ms. Galvis has worked on that are worth noting are:
- Representing a Missouri-based non-profit organization in various contracts matters with artists from around the globe and the federal government, including NDA’s and talent service agreements, in compliance with their partnership with the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Cultural Affairs.
- Representing an MA-based filmmaker and TV producer in negotiations with a prominent executive producer in an attachment and development deal for a culturally-based renovation TV series.
- Represented a social media influencer with 24K+ followers in two deals with global brands, U by Kotex ® and Verizon ® . U by Kotex ® featured our client as the face and voice for the brand’s 2019 online ad campaign, and Verizon ® recruited our client as a producer to create culture-based content targeting the Latin American audience and potential customers within the demographic. Both deals opened the door for a regular host role on one of Spotify ®’s a top-rated morning shows.
- Represented a team of social media influencers with 1.2M+ followers in multi-episode podcast deal with the major podcast network, Stitcher ® .
- Represent and defend the trademark interests of a Zagat ® -rated and multiple Boston Globe-reviewed, MA-based restaurant franchise, which owns four restaurants in the Boston and Cambridge areas.
- Represented a German\U.S.-based tech start-up in pursuit of strategic alliance with The 3M Company ® , a leading, global producer and manufacturer of technology products and services.
- Represented a team of two, FL-based angel investors in a $70K joint venture deal with an independent record label based in Miami.
- Represented an LA-based, Vegan skin and hair care company in a commercial office lease transaction and engaged and supervised outside counsel during lease negotiations and closing. Also prepared operating and employment agreements for the company’s members and staff.
- Represented FL-based YouTube star in negotiation of exclusive recording agreement with major independent record company, Big Machine Label Group (Taylor Swift’s starter label), which was later sold to Ithaca Holdings for over $300 million.
- Represented Uruguay-based producer in negotiation of digital marketing services contract with San Diego-based tech marketing company. Client received #1 Billboard ® chart placement, Global Music Award, and 2018 GRAMMY ® nomination that year.
New York Law School